Monday, June 22, 2015

Brown Thumb Turned to Green

The following was written by Symantha Hankins, a senior  English literature Women Gender and Sexuality major at Miami University Hamilton about her experience with H.U.G.S. - Hamilton Urban and Garden Systems!   

This summer I have been working with H.U.G.S. This is the first time I've ever done any gardening, and I've always considered myself to have a brown thumb. But luckily Alfred, the person in charge of H.U.G.S., is a wonderful teacher. From the first day I had my hands in the dirt, I have been loving it! Not only is it an amazing thing to watch something that you've planted grow, but also, be able to eat what you have grown as well.

H.U.G.S. at Sustained Service Scholar orientation
The H.U.G.S. program is amazing local program whose goal is to get organic food into the hands of the community. They welcome anyone who wants to grow their own produce, and they will help you obtain the skills needed to grow a flourishing garden.

Visit H.U.G.S. on  their Facebook , Twitter or website.

Justice & Alfred gardening

No comments:

Post a Comment